Where Freaks Talk :: View topic - Foo Fighters
graphic logo logo graphic graphic  

Foo Fighters This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
 Where Freaks Talk Forum Index -> Other Bands Information and Tour Information  
 PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:38 am 

Love shines
Sydney's Sparkle

Foo Fighters

Is anyone a Foo Fighters fan?

I saw them live a couple of nights ago and they were absolutely amazing! One of the top concerts i've been to (tied with LIVE and Billy Joel).

I used to be a massive fan of the fooies, but slowly got more and more disinterested, but after seeing them live I havn't been able to stop listening to them, they put on a great show.

And they played for about 3 hours, which was awesome!!! Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 6:34 am 

Ed
Administrator

omfg

Another band I dream to see in Russia.

Love em since 1997....

Still love never left me.

Will go listen to them

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:52 am 

mikizle
Mighty Mike

I was not really into them until Dmi mentioned them when i first came here but I really like them now. great band. i have all their cds now. i would love to see them in concert.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:07 am 

Ed
Administrator

It is much easier for you being in the US Mike. It is a must. The fucking smash each show and Dave has got an enormous sense of humour apart from his brilliant voice. I am very happy his talent was not burried as a drummer in Nirvana.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 7:34 am 

Love shines
Sydney's Sparkle

Ed wrote:
It is much easier for you being in the US Mike. It is a must. The fucking smash each show and Dave has got an enormous sense of humour apart from his brilliant voice. I am very happy his talent was not burried as a drummer in Nirvana.

Seconded. If you ever get the chance to see them in concert, do so. Wink

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 1:49 pm 

Jolanda

They'll be at the Pinkpop festival in Holland this year... I'd so much love to go there.. unfortunately I can't go.. Sad
Foo Fighters are awesome!!
(I've never seen 'em in concert, though!).

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:25 am 

Ed
Administrator

Foo Fighters' Taylor Hawkins has confirmed that the group are "absolutely" releasing a new album in 2011.

The follow-up to 2007's 'Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace', the as-yet untitled LP will be the band's seventh studio album, with Hawkins revealing that it's currently "in the fetal stages" of development.

"In all honesty, Dave [Grohl]'s got 15 or so song ideas that are awesome and we've already demoed some of them twice even," the drummer told SpinnerMusic.co.uk. "We do a lot of demoing to find exactly the arrangements we want, getting them exactly how we want them."

He added: It's a large process for us. It takes a long time to do it. We don't just say, 'OK, let's go make a record and pop in the studio and record it just like that.' There's a lot of preproduction that goes into making a Foo Fighter record. Well, so far."

Set to release a new album and play a London club show with Taylor Hawkins And The Coattail Riders, the drummer added that having side-projects away from the Foo Fighters has always benefited the band.

"All that stuff in the past, it's proven to be recharging," he explains. "As long as everybody's ready, as long as we don't do it because we feel like we have to, like because the record company wants another record, that kind of crap never makes good music."

He added: "I'm sure there are exceptions, but for the most part, you want everybody to really want to be doing it. Especially Dave [Grohl], because they're his songs. If he's excited and really wants to do it, and he appears to, we're in great shape. We'll have a new record in a year."

Jump to:  

Further options