Where Freaks Talk :: View topic - Yes, +Live+ are back
graphic logo logo graphic graphic  

Yes, +Live+ are back Post new topic   Reply to topic
 Where Freaks Talk Forum Index -> General Band Information and Tour Information Goto page 1, 2  Next 
 PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:12 pm 

Ed
Administrator

Yes, +Live+ are back

Good morning. I'm proud of the +LIVE+ family for being able to have a healthy debate without cutting each other down. I can feel your passion and encourage you to continue in healthy dialog with an ear towards listening generously and inclusion. There is no right or wrong, so we need not take a position that results in more pain or sorrow, there is already too much of this. Some fans may choose to leave +LIVE+ based on many parameters. Some will stay but this has always been the case as I've seen millions of you come and go. Regardless, when we need our +LIVE+, it is there for us in recorded format, preserved just as it was. There will also be many of you (like me) that want to hear +LIVE+ music in concert. I agree once again that trying to replace a soulmate like Ed is impossible but it is possible to replicate the intention of the music and lyric and hold high its value.

The fact is that we, the band, haven't mentioned who will be singing (read the original post). Many of you have jumped to conclusions. The power of your language and the thoughts you choose to share will have a deep impact, so we must choose wisely. I for one, do not need your defense, nor does Ed, Chad or Patrick. We are well aware of our intimate relationship to +LIVE+ and our contributions. I agree 100% that Ed is a pillar of +LIVE+. This band and its music are forever indebted to his creativity and devotion to making +LIVE+ music. The fact again is that +LIVE+ music will outlast and outlive the original band. There will come a day when we have all passed but "Lightning Crashes" or "Peace Is Now" will continue to have new listeners. Many artists world wide perform and record +LIVE+ songs and they too are an extension of our lives work. Many players/musicians have contributed to our lineage of music. Woody Jackson for example was part of the band in high school followed by Christopher Thorn, Adam Kowalczyk, Michael Railo, Lloyd Maines, Jerry Harrison and even the New York Philharmonic. I haven't begun to list the many managers, agents, lawyers, publicists, video directors, art directors, touring crew and label workers who collaborated with the band to deliver the music as +LIVE+. Even when +LIVE+ was learning to play our instruments in the garage on Newberry Street, we had Rodney "Butch" Seifert, Matt Gracey, Bernard Rudolph and Robbie Landis working in the shadows. It was always bigger than Chad, Patrick, Ed or myself. We cannot afford to act or think in a precious manner when it comes to this music.

+LIVE+ to me and many others is so much more than a rock band. We worked without regard to typical rock band dynamics to help set the human race free; to negate racism and to negate nationalism and the religious boundaries that have only served to divide mankind. +LIVE+ remains an instrument of the people. Ed Kowalczyk's contribution to +LIVE+ cannot end - he brought to light many of the very ideals and concepts that fueled a global community of music lovers who wanted more that "we got it on" lyrics within your average pop tune. This cannot be overshadowed and there will be no attempt to dishonor Ed or any member of +LIVE+ past or present. Ed is welcome to contribute to +LIVE+ as many other have in the past and will in the future. There will be no exclusion under my leadership. All voices do matter to me and this is why I have asked for your many incredible thoughts. I am overjoyed to see that many of you can see the value in continuing this musical spirit!

Chad, Patrick and myself have announced our intention to make +LIVE+ music once again. This was not an easy decision and one we wrestle with every day. We care very much for our history and care very much for our relationship with you. After all, a band is nothing but relationships. As I have written previously; Ed, Chad, Patrick and myself are working hard to mend any issues that may have come between us. Our greatest collective accomplishment has been +LIVE+ and it may be the very reason we continue to work towards a healthy relationship with each other but once again, those dynamics are not for public consumption (I clearly made that error previously and have learned a valuable lesson). These are private matters between brothers.

+LIVE+ on the other hand is for the people. Regardless of wether you choose to remain a fan of the band is your choice but as long as +LIVE+ remains in my care, we are ambitiously moving forward. With any luck, you'll hear the intensity I heard last week when we began to dust off the old material. It sounded so amazing right out of the box. +LIVE+ music has a feel all of its own and I can't wait to perform it for as long as I possibly can; even if its for a room a one, its well worth the effort.

Please do not abuse each other over the politics and propaganda of those who would will division or fear. Please try and value each members thoughts regardless of your position. This is our community and I am very proud to have an association with members who are drawn to higher principles of the world - oh yeah, and really loud rock n' roll.

with LOVE and respect,

Chad Taylor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:44 pm 

Echo
Extreme Wall Of Live

Very well thought of message!

Obviously, doesn't want to lose the fans.
Even don't know how to react Confused

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:22 am 

LittleBird

Re: Yes, +Live+ are back

Ed wrote:
After all, a band is nothing but relationships. As I have written previously; Ed, Chad, Patrick and myself are working hard to mend any issues that may have come between us. Our greatest collective accomplishment has been +LIVE+ and it may be the very reason we continue to work towards a healthy relationship with each other but once again, those dynamics are not for public consumption (I clearly made that error previously and have learned a valuable lesson). These are private matters between brothers.

I am happy to read this. I've always believed they will be friends again, a life-time friendship does not end like that. I am happy to see they are making the first steps. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:33 am 

LittleBird

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:46 am 

Wildman
NotJustaNYOne

LittleBird wrote:

That's a bit too much Anna Razz Wink Laughing Laughing

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
 PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:39 pm 

Echo
Extreme Wall Of Live

Wildman wrote:
LittleBird wrote:

That's a bit too much Anna Razz Wink Laughing Laughing

This kinda love cannot be broken. EVER!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:52 pm 

LittleBird

I believe so too Vanya! Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:51 am 

lynx
HY-BIRD

i don't get it

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:32 am 

+Lakini+

Anna, you are KILLING me Laughing Laughing Laughing

I was about to say something deep and meaningful about the bonds of friendship after reading your first post, and then I scrolled down and was all, 'Oh, nevermind.' Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:35 am 

+Lakini+

But really, I hope they'll fix the problems between them, even though if I'm honest, I'm not so convinced things can be as they were before. But as long as they resolve their friendship in one way or another, I'm happy. I always thought that at least the friendship between Ed and CT was something to look up to.

... and no, this has nothing to do with that pic. I'm just trying to say something deep and meaningful about friendship Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:52 am 

Wildman
NotJustaNYOne

I am afraid, the revival of LIVE is without ED,.... Confused

The guys tried to get ED involved but he doesn't want to (yet)!

CC&P are rehearsing on the moment, and are watching out for a new good singer....

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
 PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:14 am 

LittleBird

Wildman wrote:

CC&P are rehearsing on the moment, and are watching out for a new good singer....
Yes, we do understand. It's ok. I only hope they are not called LIVE when it's CC&P + another singer.

Laura, I know. I posted the pic to lessen the tension of this topic Wink But also to remind everyone how much they love each other Very Happy

Quote:
But really, I hope they'll fix the problems between them, even though if I'm honest, I'm not so convinced things can be as they were before. But as long as they resolve their friendship in one way or another, I'm happy. I always thought that at least the friendship between Ed and CT was something to look up to.
I couldn't agree more Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:59 am 

Echo
Extreme Wall Of Live

LittleBird wrote:
Wildman wrote:

Yes, we do understand. It's ok. I only hope they are not called LIVE when it's CC&P + another singer.

Agree here! Why TGF were not called LIVE? Isn't it the same CC&P+another singer(+another guy)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:05 pm 

Wildman
NotJustaNYOne

The music of TGF is a different style than LIVE!

The guys also want to create music in the style of LIVE (New Material en Re-release some older stuff)

Yes under the name of LIVE, but didn't AC/DC - Alice in Chains - Van Halen - went on with the same name, but another singer?

I am very willing to give it a try, and I am also hoping for the Demo-Tapes of SS (My alltime favorite album) Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:33 pm 

LittleBird

Wildman wrote:
The music of TGF is a different style than LIVE!

The guys also want to create music in the style of LIVE (New Material en Re-release some older stuff)

Yes under the name of LIVE, but didn't AC/DC - Alice in Chains - Van Halen - went on with the same name, but another singer?

Yes, and I never like the "same" bands with another singer. But maybe it's just me, and my opinion is not going to change their mind anyway. But to me it sounds very wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:38 pm 

Wildman
NotJustaNYOne

I understand your motivation Anna, and I respect that Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:46 pm 

Echo
Extreme Wall Of Live

I can think of Deep Purple with a different singer being still fantastic, if not better, but LIVE - hm...hardly!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:24 pm 

+Lakini+

I think it would only be fair that if CCP find another singer they won't call the new band Live. Live is not Live without Ed, just as it's not Live without CCP. If nothing else, I think at least every Live fan agrees on this matter.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:12 pm 

Echo
Extreme Wall Of Live

+Lakini+ wrote:
I think it would only be fair that if CCP find another singer they won't call the new band Live. Live is not Live without Ed, just as it's not Live without CCP. If nothing else, I think at least every Live fan agrees on this matter.

Honestly, would or could it be LIVE in the following cases:

1) ECC+ another bass player
2) ECP+ another guitar player
3) ECP+ another drummer

which ones would be more acceptable then 4) CCP+another singer
try and number 1 to 4
Honestly!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:18 pm 

Wildman
NotJustaNYOne

They all have their unique sound and made their efforts for the band.

But CC&P are (in my opinion) allowed to go on as +LIVE+ as they have set up this band in the first place. They have invited ED to rejoin, but he refused...

And because CC&P feel like they have more +LIVE+ material (in stock or in their soul/mind) and they want to go on to see the outcome, with or without Ed...

I too would say, Live without Ed is impossible, he has such a special and perfect voice for those songs...but that is living on a dream on this moment.

So, and I am speaking for myself ofcourse, will await their choice and release first, before judging the material.

Where Freaks Talk Forum Index -> General Band Information and Tour Information
Jump to:  

Further options